Hall Monitors – General:
During the times that classes are held, parents in the role of Hall Monitors promote safety, order and discipline in the school.
Each family with a child in kindergarten or higher is required to complete one (1) hall monitor duty during the school year. There is hall monitoring duty sessions each Saturday, from 8:45-11:30AM and select Saturdays from 11:30-1:30PM. (select Saturdays when the school has a program). Each of these will count as one duty period.
If a family successfully completes duty session then the school will reimburse $50.00 fee which was deposited at the beginning of the school year. If a family cannot complete a duty session and does not arrange for a suitable (adult) substitute, there will be an additional fee of $50.00 which will be deposited at the beginning of the school year.
Preschool Hall Monitors:
Parents of preschool children will be asked to complete minimum four (4) hall monitor duties (depending on the class size) per school year as described on the following pages. Our Preschool normally serves appx 15 children. We have two teachers. During the school day, each child typically needs to go to the bathroom a few times. There are instances when more than one child needs to go at the same time. In each case, an adult person must escort the child to the bathroom. Of course, one of the teachers has to remain in the class. For this reason, we rely on our Parent Hall Monitors to assist. We ask each family of preschool parents to complete minimum of two Parent Hall Monitor duties during the school year. Each duty lasts from 10:20AM – 11:00 AM. The Hall Monitors should be outside the classroom and not in the classroom. The main duty of the Hall Monitor is to escort children to the bathroom and help them as needed.
On the day of hall duty: We ask you to arrive 10 minutes before your shift starts, and not to leave until your shift is over. You will be given a class schedule and a map showing the layout of the classrooms. The Hall Monitor duties include:
1) Registering late arrivals/ issuing late slips – You will record the name and classroom of students arriving after 9:00AM and provide them with a late slip. If the weather is very bad we allow the students additional time.
2) Monitoring the hallways – other than during change of classes, unaccompanied students should have a pass slip.
3) Monitoring student behavior when they are changing classes.
4) Monitoring a classroom if the teacher needs to be absent for a short time.
5) Reporting any irregularities (e.g.water overflowing from bathroom sink) to the office.
6) Monitoring the lunch room – Our students should never be unsupervised in the lunch room. The smaller children often ask for assistance in opening their food / beverage containers.
7) Ringing the bell in the corridors of the main building at the following times:
9:00 – 9:40 – 10:20 – 11:00 – 11:15 (cafeteria) – 11:55 – 12:35 – 1:00
8) Set up chairs for audience and take it down afterwards.
You may be the only Hall Monitor on duty or there may be a second one. If there are two of you, you will divide the duties.
We ask our students to adhere to general rules for their own safety. Running, fighting, bad language, vandalism etc. are prohibited. Eating and drinking are permitted only in the cafeteria. If a student is behaving inappropriately and will not stop that behavior at your request, please speak with the administrator (in the main office or by cell phone 440 840-4255). If you have one or more children in our school, you may know some of our teachers or the other hall monitor(s). It is a natural tendency to want to converse with familiar individuals. However, we request that for the benefit of all our students, you not neglect the hall monitor duties and refrain from having personal interactions with these individuals at this time.
Once more, we thank you for your assistance. Should you have any questions, please ask us.