During the times that classes are held, parents in the role of Hall Monitors promote safety, order and discipline in the school.
Each family with a child in preschool or higher is required to complete one (1) hall monitor duty during the school year. There is hall monitor duty sessions each Saturday, from 8:45-1:00PM.
If a family successfully completes duty session then the school will reimburse $50.00 fee which was deposited at the beginning of the school year. If a family cannot complete a duty session and does not arrange for a suitable (adult) substitute, there will be an additional fee of $50.00 which will be deposited at the beginning of the school year.
On the day of hall duty:
We ask you to arrive 10 minutes before your shift starts, and not to leave until your shift is over. You will be given a class schedule and a map showing the layout of the classrooms. The Hall Monitor duties include:
1) Registering late arrivals/ issuing late slips – You will record the name and classroom of students arriving after 9:00AM and provide them with a late slip. If the weather is very bad we allow the students additional time.
2) Monitoring the hallways – other than during change of classes, unaccompanied students should have a pass slip.
3) Monitoring student behavior when they are changing classes.
4) Monitoring a classroom if the teacher needs to be absent for a short time.
5) Reporting any irregularities (e.g.water overflowing from bathroom sink) to the office.
6) Monitoring the lunch room – Our students should never be unsupervised in the lunch room. The smaller children often ask for assistance in opening their food / beverage containers.
7) Ringing the bell in the corridors of the main building at the following times:
9:00 – 9:40 – 10:20 – 11:00 – 11:15 (cafeteria) – 11:55 – 12:35 – 1:00
8) Set up chairs for audience and take it down afterwards.
You may be the only Hall Monitor on duty or there may be a second one. If there are two of you, you will divide the duties.
We ask our students to adhere to general rules for their own safety. Running, fighting, bad language, vandalism etc. are prohibited. Eating and drinking are permitted only in the cafeteria. If a student is behaving inappropriately and will not stop that behavior at your request, please speak with the administrator (in the main office or by cell phone 440-668-6593 / 440 840-4255).
If you have one or more children in our school, you may know some of our teachers or the other hall monitor(s). It is a natural tendency to want to converse with familiar individuals. However, we request that for the benefit of all our students, you not neglect the hall monitor duties and refrain from having personal interactions with these individuals at this time.
Once more, we thank you for your assistance. Should you have any questions, please ask us.